Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The battle within....

So, The battle within... That is what I am calling my journey right now... All I can say is that it is a good thing that I am stubborn. Today I was doing my squats, and my left shin started aching... The thought came into my head, "awww, just skip this one... what's it going to hurt?" Me... it will hurt me!! Not matter how inconvenient it feels right now, I don't want to cut corners. No one is going to just hand me the body I want. And if they did, I wouldn't want it because I didn't earn it. I would probably end up getting into worse shape than I am right now. So, the way I figure it- if I earn it, then I can continue to push to mold my body the way I want it... and like the results. I have no one to blame but myself if I dont get it to turn out the way I want. So, new shoes are on the horizon... Been putting that off for a while, but it is time. And recovery and protein drinks are too... these 1000 calorie workouts really pay a toll after a while. The good thing is that today I looked into the mirror... and wasnt ashamed of what I saw. It's a funny thing- perspective- when I am working out every day I notice the flaws but they dont "sting" as much or bring me down. The flaws I see actually push me to becoming a better me.

No comments:

Post a Comment