Monday, December 3, 2012

My Motivation for today....

Today as I was running, my mind was all over the place. Where I've been, what I'm doing now, and where I see myself in the coming years. As I hit my last mile, the hill climb with the wind in my face, I couldn't help but think about someone I have noticed for the past few years. I don't know her name, probably never will. She was this somewhat larger woman. My kiddos and I first noticed her when she was walking by my sister's house. It seemed pretty normal to see someone walking. That wasn't what caught my attention. 2 hours after being at my sister's house, I saw the lady again...walking the opposite direction. I thought to myself... "Good for her, she's out and doing it!" Throughout the next few months I saw her everyday. My little one's noticed her too. We would always cheer in the car as we drove by. The kiddos call her the turtle lady, because we saw her rescue a turtle one day from being hit by a car. So, as we watched her day in and day out, we started to see her jog for a little bit , then go back to walking. She did this for a while. I left for deployment. When I came home, she had lost a lot of weight and is now running. The other day I saw her running way past my house, turn around and keep going!!! We never know who we are going to inspire by our actions, and our consistency. Even if it is something like going for a walk everyday, we motivate others through our actions. Thank you "TURTLE LADY" for being my motivation. DAY 6: 3.5 mile run .8 mile walk warm up'cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment